Pages

September 17, 2008

Garden Breeze


I was playing around with my cardstock samples (I cut a 2 x 3 piece of all my cardstock and play with them once in a while to get new color combos) and I found this color combo. It's Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal and Kiwi Kiss. Not sure if they're "meant" to go together, but I liked it. I think I'll play around with it a little more and rearrange the colors.
I used the Garden Whimsy Stamp Set. I don't pull this set out too much....In fact, I've probably only used this set a handful of times. It's just one of those that doesn't inspire me much.
I stamped the main image in VersaMark and applied Pastels (Apricot Appeal and Cameo Coral) over the top with a Sponge Dauber. I matted the main image on Cameo Coral.
I scalloped a strip of Apricot appeal with the Scallop Edge Punch and attached that to the edge of Kiwi Kiss Cardstock. I tied some Apricot Appeal grograin to hide the "seam" of the two cardstocks.
Before adhering anything to the base, I stamped the sentiment in Baja Breeze in the lower right corner.
Hope you enjoyed my card. Thanks for stopping by!
Garden Breeze Card:
Stamps: garden whimsy
Paper: Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss and Apricot Appeal
Ink: VersaMark and Baja Breeze
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, pastels and Dimensionals (for the main image).

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I would not think about using poppin pastels with this set, I might have to give a whirl