Pages

April 4, 2008



I made this card about a week ago. Playing with some new stamps I got. This is the Together Forever Stamp Set. I mainly bought this set for this flower! I LOVE this flower, I think it's the "shading" on it....I don't know! I just think it's really pretty and I still haven't scrapbooked my wedding pictures (4 years now) so I can use this set! Hehehe....But anyways...back to the card.

I started with Always Artichoke, one because it's my favorite color and two because I wanted to make a card out of some old 6x6 pieces I had laying around from a workshop I did. It's hard to see but I stamped/rolled the Forever Flowers Wheel on the background just about half way down. I grabbed some Rose Red from my scrap stash and stamped the circle images repeatedly on the cardstock in Rose Red ink. I then added some Regal Rose ribbon.

Next, I stamped the flower images in Basic Black and colored it in with my markers; Always Artichoke (for the leaf), Regal Rose, So Saffron (which you can't see because of the brads I added later) and Rose Red. After I was done coloring I matted it with So Saffron and adhered it to the card with dimensionals. I then stamped "Happy Mother's Day" (from All Holidays) at the bottom of the card in Chocolate Chip (it might be Basic Black, I can't remember for sure off the bat and don't have the card in front of me).

Supplies: All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Together Forever and All Holidays
Ink: chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose and So Saffron
Paper: So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Rose Red and Very Vanilla
Accessories: Brads (Fresh Favorites), Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain

Thanks for stopping by! Will be posting more later....

14 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the colors and agree that the flower is fabulous!

Lesa said...

This is so beautiful! I love this set too! You did it proud. ;) Now go make something else with it and come back and show us.

Kathy W said...

great card, I only thought about this set for weddings, like seeing it differently.

Sandi Berg said...

I really like the circles you stamped on the Regal Rose.

Very elegant card!

Unknown said...

Nice card!!! I just keep skipping over this stamp set because I thought it could not be used for weddings. Thanks for posting now I can picture it being used for other occasions!!!!

Debbi said...

Your coloring is wonderful, great card!

JazzyH said...

That is beautiful. I love the colors.

Jana O'Brien said...

Very elegant! Great coloring on the image.

Velta said...

Good design...and the coloring is great...Beautiful card :)

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous Gina! I know what you mean about that flower - but I haven't taken the plunge yet! This worked out so pretty as a Mother's Day card!

Nicole said...

Great card, Gina! I also bought this set because I fell in love with the flower! LOL!

Rosella said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors you used too!

Anonymous said...

I really need to get this set!!

A.Lee said...

What a beautiful card. Love the flower image (I can see why you bought it) and the color combo. And that reminds me, Mother's Day is coming! I'd better get to work.