Pages

June 15, 2012

Artistic Cobbler

I tried making one of those messy bow things...not sure what they are really supposed to be called but you can find the video here and thats what I came up with.  It looks a lot better in person, but my camera is very old and I don't have the greatest lighting either. oh well...anyway...I didn't have the crinkled ribbon so I just used the seam binding I did have.  Once I had the ribbon done I wanted to make a card with it.
I  used Basic Black as the Base of the card and added a Very Vanilla DSP from  the Designer Series Paper Stack Neutral collection (Item # 117157; $21.95).  I took some "scrap" (just a piece I had from one of my classes that I didn't use) Glossy White Paper (Item # 102599; $5.95) I stamped the Eiffel Tower image in Versamark onto the Glossy White and added black embossing powder and Heated with heat tool.  With a Brayer I added Cherry Cobbler Ink, after wiping off the excess ink I matted it onto Basic Black cardstock and adhered it over the Vanilla DSP.  I stamped the sentiment from language of Friendship in Basic Black and stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock, punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and inked the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and a sponge.

Stampin' Supplies: (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Artistic Etchings and language of Friendship
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Versamark
Paper: Basic Black, Glossy white, Vanilla and Neutral DSP pack
Accessories: Decorative Label, Black embossing powder, sponges and cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and Brayer

Thanks for Stopping by!
Gina

No comments: