Pages

July 3, 2008

A Couple of "old" sets....

I made this card today, while I was at my Mom's house visiting my sister. I was making this card to give to my aunt for her birthday (tomorrow), but I ended up liking it so much that I couldn't give it to her...so I ended up making another one. which I need to get in the habbit of doing.

The "Celebrate..." stamp is from the That's Nice stamp set which was in the 2007 Spring mini catalog. I stamped it in Not Quite Navy onto very vanilla cardstock, inking the edges in creamy caramel. you can't really see it in the photo/scan, but it is layered with not quite navy and Ruby red cardstock. I set that aside and stamped the itty bitty star in Not Quite Navy randomly on the base of the card. The star stamps used on this card (the "a wish for you" and the little star on the base) are from the set In the Stars from the 2008 Occassions Mini. I shouldn't have used this set becasue now I wish I would have ordered it before it was no longer available....oh well...i can just borrow my moms. (THANKS MOM!) :)

I will apologize now for being all over the place....I'm not a morning person and for some reason I got up pretty early this morning and I keep nodding off. so I keep forgetting where I'm at.

I stamped the "a wish for you" star in ruby red and punched it out with the Lg. star punch. I knew this card needed a little more, so I added the close to cocoa crumpled (is that the right word) piece, trying to keep the "aged" look. I then added the vanilla ribbon and it was still missing something, so I added a little strip of ruby red cardstock and slipped it under the ribbon. i sponged that with ink and distressed the edges.

I hope you liked my card. If you have any questions or if i left anything out (remember I keep knodding off) feel free to ask by leaving a comment. thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Great card! I love the weathered look. That's Nice is one of the few retired sets that I kept; I just love it!