Pages

August 31, 2007

I made my first square card! It was so much fun! I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge, found here. I love challenges...especially ones using a sketch. If I don't have a lot of time to stamp or scrapbook, I use a sketch. It takes me a LOOOOOONNNNNNNNG time to figure out what I want to do with a page and EVEN longer to pick out the colors!!! :)





Here's the card:


My scanner isn't the best! But you get the idea! I need to get a digital!

I don't use Pick a Petal a lot...infact I think this is my second time actually finishing a project with it. I started with my base, Basic Gray measured at 5x5. I stamped both circles in versaMark onto the Basic Gray then added a piece of Designer Paper from Brocade Backgrounds, which was glued down and then I faux stitched the edges (first time doing that too). Then I stamped the petals in Ruby Red and Mellow Moss and cut them out. I also stamped the circle with the dots in it in mellow moss on River Rock card stock and punched it out with my 3/4" circle punch. Then I stamped it again on ruby red and cut it out and layered it with the river rock piece using dimensionals. Before adhering that to the page I then added the ribbon and the pewter hodgepodge hardware. The saying under the hardware is from the Vases in Vogue set and uses only part of the stamp "a flower for you". Then I adhered the flower petals and that was that! Pretty simple, but I like the way it turned out! Thanks for looking!

Supplies at a quick glance:
Stamps: Pick a petal and Vases in Vogue
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla and Brocade Background DP
Ink: Mellow Moss, Ruby Red and VersaMark
Accessories: Basic Black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and hodgepodge hardware Pewter, oh and dimensionals.

No comments: