Pages

August 23, 2008

I haven't created any cards lately! I've been working on getting my classes all lined out, so I can have sign ups ready for my Open house. I finally took a "break" from classes, and created two cards to have for samples....since I've been out of the groove I picked a card out of the catty that I liked and cased it. I changed the colors a little bit. I kept it blues and greens, but changed them from Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy to Pacific Point, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. I changed the "sentiment" to one that was already in the Simply Said Stamp Set that was used instead of using the one from Baroque Motifs.

The heart, and the two flowers are stamped on seperate cardstock and cut out. I adhered the heart with dimensionals. I tore the bottom of the card and added Pacific Point cardstock to make it sit evenly.

With the Bloom Card, I always have a hard time with watercoloring because the black always bleeds into my image (probably just not waiting long enough for it to dry!) so I fixed that problem by Embossing the images with Black embossing powder. It was so much easier to watercolor! I didn't have to worry about black being in my image.

I'm so glad this set made it into the catalog! I bought it towards the end of the Occassions mini and never really got to show it....so now I will have more time to play with it.


Okay back to the card....You can't see it on the card but, I stamped the Blossom definition in Pink Pirouette at the bottom of the main image. I adhered the main image to Riding Hood Red and set it aside. I grabbed some Kiwi Kiss and tied some Pretty In Pink ribbon (no, it's not white...for some reason thats what my scanner picked up though) around the top and adhered that to the bottom of the card. I stamped "bloom" in chocolate chip and stamped it below the ribbon. Then I adhered the main image with dimensionals. This is my new favorite card and color combo...right now anyway! :) hope you enjoyed my cards!





















A friend is someone... Card:
Stamps: Simply Said
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pacific Point
Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Silver Brads, dimensionals and Earth Element Buttons.

Bloom Card:
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful
Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, VersaMark, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Heat Tool, dimensionals, Pretty In Pink 1/4" grosgrain and blender pens.

3 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

I picked the same Simply Said card to CASE! Of course, I haven't actually done it yet... Love both of your projects!

Rosella said...

What great cards! Love the colors you used and I especially love how you watercolored the Bloomin' Beautiful flower. Am I ever glad I bought this one. It's such a great set!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Great Cards, Gina!