Pages

February 21, 2008



I made this for my daughter that turned two yesterday! I waited till the last minute to make it ... sometimes I think my cards turn out better when I do that (only sometimes, not all the time). LOL!

I used my new SAB stamp set (which helped out a lot, because I don't have very many birthday sets) and some new ribbon.

For the color combo, I grabbed my Color Coach (SU! Color Wheel) again! I love that thing! I actually had planned on using Pretty in Pink for the base, but I guess I had forgot that by the time I got out all my colors because it turned into Mellow Moss (so if you're looking for this color combo turn your "pointer" to Pretty in Pink and it's all the Coordinating colors) LOL. Instead of starting with the base first, I actually started with the main image (focal image) this time. I stamped the cake in Perfect Plum onto Very Vanilla and matted it with Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum. Then I stamped my polka dot background in Mellow Moss and covered the whole card front. I tied some Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon around a So Saffron piece of CS and adhered it to the card. I then added my focal image with dimensionals and stamped the "happy birthday" in Perfect Plum. And there you have it...my daughters birthday card.

Supplies: All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy (SAB) and Polka Dot Background
Paper: Mellow Moss (5 1/2 x 4 1/4-finished size; 2 5/8 x 2 3/8), So Saffron (2" x 5 1/2"), Perfect Plum (2 3/4 x 2 1/2) and Very Vanilla (2 1/2 x 2 1/4).
Ink: Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum
Accessories: Dimensionals and Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Kathy W said...

I do like this combo too. Sometimes girls don't always need pink.

sorry I missed you on SU blog roll, I only took names off original post and did not realize it had been updated.
looking forward to visiting.
Kathy

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Hope she had a great birthday!

Velta said...

Gina ~ Great card...I love the color combo...guess that investment really paid off. Happy Birthday to your darling daughter :)

Jennifer said...

Great card!

Unknown said...

cute card!!

Laurie Unger said...

Very cute card! Hope she had a great B-day!

Trini said...

Pretty color combo! Very cute!

Stephanie (sluman) said...

Moss and plum are my favorite color combo!

Stampin' Meg said...

The card turned out great- happy birthday to your little one!

Robin said...

Love your card! Could you add me to your su only blogroll please? You missed me! Thanks!

Jana O'Brien said...

Love the colors! Great layout too.

Kerry Johnson said...

Cute card! My dd turned two yesterday! Love your colour combo!

Rosella said...

Great card! Love the color combo!