Pages

September 19, 2007

Masculine Happy Birthday

So to be honest, I have the hardest time making masculine cards! It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have much to work with...most of my stamps are girly! I have tons of flowers and I just can't get enough of them.

Anyways...Today I need to make a card for my best friends' husband's birthday, it took me an hour to decide that I was just going to CASE something from the FWC (Fall Winter Catalog). So since I have the starstruck stamp set and it's boyish/manly...I decided on the card made on page 89.

Didn't do it exactly...I made it a 5x5 Close to Cocoa instead of a 3x3; with the Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain Ribbon wrapped around the card base. Since I couldn't get the stars lined up in a timely fashion, I just randomly stamped them onto Really Rust cardstock. I matted the Really Rust with Chocolate Chip and distressed the edges with my fingernail. I then distressed the Very Vanilla and stamped "happy birthday" from All Holidays in Chocolate Chip. I took the star stamp and stamped it in Close to Cocoa ink and embossed it in clear and then colored in the center with a Really Rust Stampin' Write Marker. I cut out the circle/star shape and adhered it to a punched 3/4" circle of Sage Shadow with Stampin' Dimensionals. Also, adhered the Sage Shadow to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.
If I wasn't making any sense at all, I apologize! It's past my bed time! :)
Images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!

No comments: