Pages

June 26, 2007

Long Cards...

Images © 1990-2007 Stampin’ Up!

I finally decided to do another SCS challenge. Which turned out to be a real challenge for me...The Color Combination Challenge used Cool Caribbean and Morning Marigold (which I have never used) and the Try a New Technique challenge was to make a long card using a set that is retiring! So I decided to use the hostess set "love it". I ended up using VersaMark a lot since I didn't have any of those colors in Classic ink pads. Here's what I did:

1) I cut the Cool Caribbean to 9"x 7.5" and scored at 3.75".
2) Cut Morning Marigold to 1.5"x 9. I took the stamp with the three flowers on it and stamped only the one flower in Versamark and made my background.
3) Then I cut Pretty in Pink to 1"x9" and stamped the three hearts in versamark and made a "border". To get them to stand out a little more I brushed them with Pretty in Pink Stampin Pastels using a Q-tip.
4) Stamp the single heart in versamark onto Cool Caribbean. Dust it with Bashful Blue Stampin Pastels and cut out using your paper scissors. Using 3-D foam adhere it to the card.
5) Cut Whisper White paper to 3 1/8"x2.25". Stamp the single flower in Versamark and "brush" with Summer Sun and pretty in pink stampin Pastels. Using the Best Wishes stamp from Simple Wishes stamp in Basic Black on to Whisper White. Cut Pretty in Pink to 3.25"x2.5" and adhere to your finished Whisper white. Adhere to card.
This size of card will fit into your legal sized envelopes!

No comments: